About the second practice midterm

So, it turns out that all of the prior midterms I had available to me from previous semesters had something that made them inappropriate for use as a practice midterm (they covered something we have yet to talk about, or they made some assumptions we don’t share). So, I wasn’t able to just post an existing old midterm as the second practice one. To make a second practice midterm I would need to in part just write a new one. Which I would have done but for the fact that I’m getting my first opportunity today at about 11pm.

It is still possible that there will be a second practice midterm posted, but it will be arriving in your hands late enough that it won’t be of much use for studying. I will perhaps still try, although at this point my priority is to write the actual midterm.

One other note: On the practice midterm you did get, it gave 80 minutes as the time available (because that used to be true). We now have 75 minutes per class, though. The length of the midterm will remain basically the same, though, I don’t think it is likely to take either 75 or 80 minutes. The whole class period will be available, but my guess is that most of you will be done within 40 minutes anyway.

Categories:

Updated: